To create a MySQL database in Interworx:
- Login to your Siteworx account by going to: http://www.insertyourdomain.com/siteworx/
- On the left menu, click Hosting Features > MySQL > Databases
- Choose a database name. Normally I put DB here since whatever you put is added to the end of your shell username. If your shell username is 'example' then your DB name would become 'example_DB'
- Also check the "create user" check box. On the user, I recommend putting something short here too, like usr or user. Your username will become 'example_user' so keep it short! Make sure you choose a secure pasword.
- Leave all the default options, however put 'localhost' in the when connecting from which will limit it to your website only, and not the whole world.
- Click the 'add' button. Your MySQL database is created! Now in your software you can use: host: localhost, user: example_user, db: example_DB remember it is case sensitive!
If you need to access your MySQL database using a MySQL client outside our network, then you can add an extra permis
- Click 'Manage Users' on the next screen, and simply click the 'Add' button and it will create a user that can connect from anywhere. If you have a static IP, you can put that in for extra security instead of %. The % symbol is a wildcard that means it can access from anywhere.
- Now you will see two permissions in the table below that are set to your database.